Welcome to the course page of Data Mining. This course is currently offered by Dr. Yu-Ru Lin in Spring 2021 at School of Computing and Information, University of Pittsburgh.
- Course name: INFSCI 2160 Data Mining (Spring 2021)
- Canvas link: Coming Soon!
- Class Meeting Time: Monday Time TBD
- Meeting Place: Zoom
- Yu-Ru Lin
Teaching assistants: see Canvas
Communication & Email policy
We will regularly post announcements on Canvas related to schedule changes, assignments, graded quizzes, follow-ups to lectures, INFSCI-2160 and other school or department-related activities.
Instead of email the instructor or TAs individually, please follow the class communication policy:
- Ask questions publicly: In general, all questions about coursework, course logistics, etc. should be asked publicly on Canvas Discussions. If you ask such a question privately, we will not answer it: we will ask you to post your question publicly, and will answer it once you do. This way, everyone can benefit from the answer to the question and, if someone runs into the same issue you do, we can refer them to the answer we provided in your post.
- Communicate private matters: If you need to ask a private question, you can send an email to yuru-class-data-mining [at] googlegroups [dot] com. Your email will be seen only by the instructor and TAs. This should be used only for truly private matters that relate uniquely to you (e.g., you need to notify us of a family/medical emergency, etc.).
See the course schedule page.